Monday, January 25, 2010

St. George 1/2 Marathon

So on Saturday Brett and I ran a half marathon in St. George. It was probably the hardest time I had running ever. My legs felt like sandbags. I was actually planning on having a hard time. The farthest I had run was 9 miles and that was a few weeks before. And I hadn't really ran much since. And I thought Brett would be in the same boat. I was completely wrong. He had the most energy ever and felt great. I was so frusrated because I sucked so bad and I was holding him back. Except he kept staying with me. I kept telling him to go. And he wouldn't. Then finally after being sick of being bunched in with people he took off. And I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO bugged. He got far enough ahead of me that when he went around a bend and looked back at me. I was crying and I flipped him off. I was so mad at myself at him for leaving me. Just thinking the whole time I would never leave him. Well not to far ahead was the next water station. And I got there and he was waiting for me. When I got up to him I was so mad and just ready to tell him off. When he just looked at me with complete love and just said Roni do you really think I would leave you... I probably cried a little. But I was so happy that he wouldn't abandon me that I was determined to do better. I still sucked but without him I would've sucked alot worse... I just love him so much. That he is willing to do this even though I'm the one who signed us up. I am just so thankful he is in my life... Cheeseball I know....
Before the dreaded race




After the dreaded race. So much relief it was over. And loving my husband so much right at this moment for helping get through the race.

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Roni, you guys are so cute! Way to go on the run! Your my idle. Cant wait to see you on wed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am laughing a little that you flipped him off...:) But what a great husband to wait for you anyway. I think it's great you did a 1/2 marathon (and you completed it)! That's more than I can say for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i friggin love that kid! he's so damn awesome! and how lucky could he be to have an even awesomer wifey!!! LOVE you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so pretty it's annoying, even after running a marathon!!!not fair!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some things were built to go 13 miles- human legs, mine specifically, were not. I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete