Thursday, September 23, 2010

Apple Fest and Mascot bowl








































So this last weekend we went down to Fillmore to see the new baby Londyn and to run in the Apple 5k. It was so much fun Christy and I actually took 3rd place. I have never placed in a race before so I felt pretty proud of myself. But the race is for a charity.http://roperapplefest.blogspot.com/ It was actually my second favorite race ever. Air Force is 1st. I just loved the atmosphere. I do love small towns. But it was oragnized well the race course was mapped out by Mr Turner.. He was teaching at our high school when Me, Abe and Mori went there. So it was fun to visit with his wife and daughter that we share the same birthday. She's 11 years younger and I used to babysit her. Anyways alot of Bretts family also did the race. So we had a pretty representation of his family. @ of his aunts took 1st place in their age divisions. So it was pretty cool to all be there. Brett opted out of this one. And then 4 of the kids ran the 1 miler. Paige took 5th overall and beat colby. Sorry Colby but I am pretty impressed. So this is for the Barkers. (Abe and Nicole maybe it will be while your here. Thats alot better then a one day 30 mile hike Abe.)
We all need to do a race together. So next summer plan on it. I will find one for us.
Then on Monday we went to the mascot bowl. Alot of the mascots from the teams and schools around here and from a few different cities get together for a charity football game against a Lehi junior league team.. We are so charitable.

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 3rd place! That's awesome...you're beautiful as ever..can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um why do you ALWAYS look so perfect and young???

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time I read your blog I think we seriously need to get together. Angie comes at the end of October (?) maybe you can come hang out with us in Sandy. :)

    ReplyDelete